Friday 30 January 2009

For your info...

1. The Salvos card has returned for 2009, with one change which probably won't affect any of us: when the card is full it can only be used on items of clothing worth $30 or less.

I found myself with a full card yesterday at Salvos Belconnen and, in my excitement, almost used it on a $3.50 top until Chris behind the counter talked me out of it. He's right. It really wasn't worth it to save a whopping $1.75. But it's so rare that I actually get to use my full cards: I usually give them away to either op shopping buddies who are buying clothes or to random strangers behind me in the line at the till...

The top in question?Black and white striped (of course) but originally with hideous large white buttons. Which were quickly replaced from daisy buttons from my stash.Much better!

2. I spent some time this morning updating both the op shop map and the spreadsheet. Still not finished but definitely getting there.

Question for the morning: should I include Aussie Junk and Revolve in the listings? Not really op shops but...

3. Vinnies Belconnen has all women's tops at $3 at the moment. This includes singlets and T shirts but not collared shirts.

4. A friend pointed me towards another SMH article about Vinnies which is interesting reading...

1 comment:

Emma Davidson said...

I would include places like Aussie Junk and Revolve even though they're not technically op shops. There's plenty of bargains for those willing to hunt through, and it's good for the environment by reducing landfill.