Monday 1 June 2009

Favourite Finds

TOF and I did a wee bit of op and garage sale shopping the weekend past. We got a box of books at the YMCA Garage Sale (about 30 books for $10), and some vintage knitting patterns.

My favourite finds, though Two x TS 14+ shirts for $2 each at Vinnies, Gungahlin. And a lovely old cigar box from Salvos, Belconnen for 20c. I love it. It has dovetail joints, the original labels, a little brass catch and writing on top which indicate it was used as the collection box for a meat raffle. I don't usually buy knick-knacks (well, not any more), but it just had to come home. I'm thinking sewing notions will live in this box once it's been waxed. What were your favourite finds this week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My first trip to Aussie Junk this week. Was on a mission to find something to pass off as a treasure chest - found an old, cobwebby $5 wooden case that was perfect after a good clean. Was very tempted to pick up a lovely old steamer trunk but left it there for another committed op-shopper... it'd be great for storing those great vintage finds.