Tuesday 14 July 2009

Some favorite finds.

Hello,
Although this is my first post in this blog, I have been op-shopping in Canberra for as long as I have lived here, some 8 years or so. I think op-shopping is in my blood. I get that withdrawal mood when I haven't op-shopped for a while. ;-)

I'm going to share with you some of my all time favorite finds.
$1, Scullin Op-shop

It was covered in ugly dirty clear plastic. I almost walked out the door before went back to check it out. Bingo! Underneath the plastic was this stunning handmade embroidery. Still hanging proudly in the guest bedroom.
$8, YMCA Jamison (now Belconnen)

This is one of my earliest op-shop finds. Bought this some seven years ago and it's still being used as the most favorite TV blanket in the house. Every house guest has seen this. Also used as a background in many family photos. ;-)

What are your favorite op-shopping finds?

4 comments:

Taphophile said...

That's a very fine piece of embroidery. You are justifiably proud. :)

Michelle said...

They are both fantastic finds! I think YMCA Jammo was always the best haunt for successful finds for me. Strangely, since they moved, not so much.

perempuan said...

That's right, Michelle. The old one in Jamison was a real deal op-shop. Everything crammed together. Everything. From the missing pair of earring to some odd jars under the shelves. If you look hard enough, you could get really, really, lucky.

redmag said...

I've been meaning to comment on this one for ages but computer related things seem to keep going astray......I love your blanket!!
I think there might be a little old lady linked to the YMCA at Belco/Jammo that fixes up the blankets that come in so they are always lovely.