Tuesday 15 February 2011

Co-ordinated Rubbish

With an elegant home full of eclectic, antique gems, Red Hill dressmaker and bargain hunter Teresa Zarlenga says she would never walk into a shop and buy something new.

"I can't imagine anything different in my home," she says of her collection of timeless, classic furniture and accessories, or "co-ordinated rubbish", as she calls it.  "I'm not interested in going into a shop - all the furniture there seems to be the same.

"I'd much rather have something with history that has just happened to come my way.  It means so much more to me."

"Teresa says she loves the thrill of finding an item, be it an elegant chaise, a painting, a hostess trolley or a nest of tables that perfectly match her "look" and the feel of her home - particularly when it sets her back around $5."

Read more of this article, "Tireless Teresa's hunt for treasures" by Kathryn Vukovljak, City News, February 10-16, 2011, p. 4 on City News online version...

No comments: