Saturday, 26 March 2011

Weekend of secondhand bargains

St Vincent de Paul's at Mitchell - a shopping frenzy!

After spending $150 to get my sewing machine fixed, I was reluctant to head out to Mitchell, where I knew I'd spend more cash as the Lifeline Bookfair and St Vinnie's monster sale are on this weekend. I went, I saw, I spent. $33.50 to be exact. And what did I get for my $33.50? I picked up some work clothes ($2 a piece) and a bizarre little skirt/tutu, which I'm not entirely sure if it will stay in it's current form.Yes, my cat has to be where ever I am...

I also got eight CD's, some which are replacements from share house, lending and relationship break up losses, as well as Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood, a book I've wanted to read for a long time. I think it has just been made into a movie in Japan.

I restrained myself at the book fair. As an elderly ladies voice came over the PA system at EPIC saying, "You can never have too many books..." I thought to myself, I beg to differ!

3 comments:

Taphophile said...

Restrained but still a good haul. We're heading back to Lifeline tomorrow arvo for the $10 a bag sale.

Jo said...

I picked up 2 great handbags (one leather one was almost new and in excellent condition with no scratches) and a skirt that I wore yesterday from the St Vinnies sale and a large bag of books from the Book fair!!

Dexion Racking said...

Very nice to go for bargain because it is much cheaper than the brandnew one.