Monday 27 February 2012

Brain Injury Foundation Op Shop Genge St Civic (Canberra)

I'm fortunate enough to work as a volunteer with community radio (2xx 98.3 fm) in the Griffin Centre; downstairs of course is the wonderful Brain Injury Foundation Op Shop.. It's small but that's perfect for me to duck into on the way through to help with our Monday morning show 'Words Apart' (10:30 am Mondays). Today I was delighted to have found a wonderful old picture frame ($2) AND J.R.R Tolkien's 'the legend of Sigurd & Gudrun' ($3); which frankly is wonderfully serendipitous (spelling?) as I'm currently reading a lot about mythic poetry..

On my budget (working part time) the $5 is affordable even for me. Wonderful feeling to get these two; now I'll need to find something to place in the frame AND make a bit of time to skim through Sigurd & Gurdrun...

Picture to follow (I'm posting from my phone which doesn't seem to want to upload the photo I've just taken...)

5 comments:

DiscoDave72 said...

'Alot' at the end of the first paragraph should of course read 'a lot'..

Taphophile said...

Nice post, Dave. Such a sweet shop and one I rarely get to.

Taphophile said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AMCSviatko said...

Hi Dave

Welcome to the team and thanks for posting!

There is a spell check facility within Blogger. If it doesn't work for you on the "compose" page it should work in the "Edit HTML" page.

Amberly said...

Awesome I work near there also, so will stop by in a lunch break.

P.S I love the motivational quotes the Griffin Centre put out on their blackboard each morning!